Decisions, decisions. What career path to follow?

Thursday 3 July 2014

This is going to be one of my more serious blog posts...

When you graduate from high school there is a lot of pressure on the students to have their career paths roughly planned out, enough that you are able to apply to countless university and tafe courses that will assist in the journey to your ideal career.

For weeks now I've been questioning whether or not the course I am studying is the ideal course for me. To be totally honest the main reason I'm continuing on with the course is because I don't want to disappoint my parents, correct me if I'm wrong but that shouldn't be the only reason that I continue on with my career choice.

Where do I go from here? Is the question I'm stuck on. I don't want to be a quitter, then again I don't want to waste time on something I'm not enjoying and wont assist me in my future line of work.

What if I leave the course and regret it? What if I'm just over thinking this? I know that isn't the case, they're just excuses I'm making to not leave, to save myself the hassle of dealing with the fact that for once I am not in control of my life...

I'm so angry at myself because i spend my whole life saying to myself ''Do what makes you happy, and forget what everyone else thinks. Even if you fail, in that moment it is exactly what YOU wanted to do.'' And here I am now, completely contradicting myself. It's funny I think, I'm the only person who can't take my own advice.

I just don't know anymore, and that really scares me. I don't like being in the dark. All my life i've been confident in my choices, and just like that i'm lost.

If anyone has been in the same situation, i would love to hear from you.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground